Jacobs Undergraduate Mentoring Program (JUMP)
Check out more pictures from JUMP on Facebook and Flickr
JUMP in the News
Read about the Jacobs Undergradaute Mentoring Program and its recent successes
WHAT IS JUMP?
The Jacobs Undergraduate Mentoring Program is a community of engineering students (both undergraduate and graduate) and alumni, who provide support, advice, guidance, and experience to all members.
Benefits of Participating in JUMP:
- Ease the transition from high school or community college to UCSD, or undergraduate to graduate school
- Mentorship and positive role models at multiple levels: from peers, graduate students, and alumni
- Networking and guidance from engineering professionals and alumni
- Tour local companies
- Professional and career development through interaction with post docs and faculty
- Be part of a community!
Unique Mentoring Structure:
- Ladder/Pyramid structure within fields of study
- Underclassmen (freshmen and sophomores) are paired with upperclassmen (junior or senior), who are then matched with a graduate student, forming a "mentor group"
- Online Facebook component with dedicated "e-mentor"
- Attend two large group meetings per quarter: in addition to the opportunity to interact with other mentors and mentees, each meeting has a theme which may include networking with alumni, faculty interaction, getting involved in research, etc.
- Meet casually with your mentor group regularly
- Prompt response and communication with your mentoring group
- Attendance at any RSVPed events such as company tours, reception with alumni
We are now accepting application for 2015-2016.
If you have any questions about JUMP, please contact JUMP Coordinators Eugene Sato, Mukanth Vaidyanathan and Carina Arboleda at email@example.com.