» How to Apply
How to Apply
Download the 2013 Teacher Fellow application! [.pdf version- click here] Note: Only Clusters 2, 5 and 6 are open for applications in 2013.
COSMOS Teacher Fellows are committed to improving instruction, expanding professional growth and students with the opportunity to take their learning beyond the typical high school curricula. They possess a classroom teaching style that is effective for diverse groups of students 8th through 12th grade. Candidates must be willing to participate the entire duration of the COSMOS Summer Program. They should also be aware that the UCSD is situated on a hilly and campus (shuttle services will not available in the summer). Background checks will be requested for applicants who are offered employment as Teacher Fellows.
PLEASE SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION ALONG WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- A cover letter describing your goals for participating in COSMOS, your philosophy on education, your preferred cluster topics, why you chose this cluster, and how you see yourself contributing to your cluster of choice. Describe your interest in COSMOS and how you and your students will benefit this summer experience. Applicants should indicate their first and second choice cluster topics based on the cluster descriptions posted on this website.
- A current résumé
- The two-page UCSD Résumé Supplemental Form (appended to application pdf)
- Two letters of recommendation
- The first must be from your current principal or department chair
- The second may be from a personal or professional source
Complete application materials and send to the address below. Items must be postmarked by February 1, 2013.
COSMOS at UC San Diego
Jacobs School of Engineering
9500 Gilman Drive, MC 0429
Engineering Building Unit 1 - Room 1400
La Jolla, CA 92093-0429
To order COSMOS Student Flyers and/or ask questions via e-mail email@example.com or call 858 822-4361.